It is an eternal topic about finding a job, changing jobs, paying, rising space, etc. Here, I have used my experience of more than ten years to summarize the following seven ways to find a job:
1. Give priority to work that interests you
I used to talk about careers on the Internet and received emails from many people. One of my classmates made me feel particularly deep. He graduated three years ago and became a product manager in the Internet, but in fact he is not so interested in product managers and industries and products. I have been working for a few years, and the monthly salary is more than 10,000, but I can’t sleep because he thinks that he is not strong in logic and process. He is particularly afraid of the demand, and then he has doubts about himself. But now there is no way to do what I am interested in, because there are wives, children, and houses that have not been returned for 27 years. What should I do? I can understand his sense of powerlessness, because I have had a lot of similar classmates, such as some big companies in Silicon Valley, doing things that are not of interest; for example, liberal arts students do commercial products, products in the data department. Design, very difficult but can not go, the comfortable environment and good salary of the big company are the main factors of attraction, and finally led to the warm boiled frog.
When I was working more than ten years ago, as a person who was not very good at learning, I thought that I could find a job and I had no chance to do so-called career planning. So at that time, “doing a line of love and a line” is a way to make yourself live less tired, so I suggest that Y students also do a line of love. However, the young people who have just graduated or graduated within 2-3 years have more choices. After all, the pressure on young people to support their families is not so great. In this case, I am particularly suggesting that I try different jobs before graduation, go to different industry internships, and find points of interest, “first love the line and then go to work.” For example, Derrick had been editing before, writing a copy was not well written, and later had the opportunity to get in touch with the community operations. Dealing with people is what he is good at and likes, and he likes it from the heart. As for the size of the company, let it go first. The things you like are the most important.
From the perspective of thinking, changing jobs and finding jobs are all combined from the following six perspectives.
1. Name: position;
2. Profit: the level of income;
3. Interest: Whether the things you are doing are of interest to you;
4. Leadership: the style of direct leadership;
5. Team: the style of the team in which they are located;
6. Company: The range in which the company is located is the growth period or the recession period.
For students who graduate within 2 years, the special recommendation is that in a good team, doing things that are of interest to them, interest is the only source of self-drive. Students who graduated from 3 to 5 years old are advised to be interested in doing things on a good platform. Because of your previous work experience, you need to go to a bigger platform to challenge. For the part of income, at least in the early stage of the profession, it should not be your key consideration.
2. If you don’t have a long-term goal, what is the difference with salted fish?
During the interview, many interviewers like to ask: What do you want to be like after 5 years? This problem is a very easy problem with the cold, because I didn’t think about it, or didn’t seriously think about it. One of the three classes of the 3.3 program recruitment is to explain the goals for the next 3-5 years and explain what efforts have been made for this goal. Because we believe that people with clear goals have a clearer path to learning and a better investment in learning.
Regarding the goal, we can use the following self-question methods:
1. What are the medium and long-term plans and paths?
2. What are the urgent problems to be solved in the short term?
3. What are your strengths? How is the relationship with the long-term plan?
4. What is the key point of the reason for leaving now?
5. Can changing jobs solve this problem?
If you ask yourself and look back and think that the current work is not very relevant to the medium and long-term goals, then change quickly and decisively. If the relationship is great, but the salary is not satisfactory, then I suggest that you do something well first.
3. If you are not doing well now, it will not be good to change jobs.
Devin said that the company is not reliable, the team is not reliable, and no one is taking it. I want to change a team with good leadership, good corporate culture and good team atmosphere. After questioning, I found out that Devin is doing something that is far from the profession. From the point of view of the work, after the requirements document is completed, the review is not updated. During the project promotion process, the work is completed on time and R&D is working overtime. To put it bluntly, it is neither professional nor professional. For a job, I guess there is no difference. Later, my advice to her was:
1. Collect all the documents that have been done before and put them on the company intranet;
2. Export all the data performances of the most recent projects after they are online to analyze and report the reports and send them to the relevant responsible persons;
3. Record the progress of the ongoing project, record it every day, and send it weekly;
4. Online emails are written carefully, rather than the general “thanks to the efforts of R&D classmates”, but there are data comparisons, functional lists, people with specific gratitude and bit by bit.
Two months later, Devin’s feedback is that although his professional ability is not improved, it seems that he suddenly feels that the team is reliable, and R&D is willing to communicate with him. The students who are operating are more willing to pay the user’s questions. Give him the deal. In fact, the environment has not changed, it has changed itself, and the results have changed.
4. Transformation means gambling on everything, is it worth it?
Lucy is a three-year operations manager who wants to become a product manager. He started to participate in various sharing sessions and penetrated into a group of product managers. His own time for operations was reduced. The rating is C (moderate). In fact, he does not have no chance, but his salary, position, company, etc. are not satisfactory. After 1 year, he still does general operations, so he wants to find a job. Elvis is a four-year research and development company. He also wants to transform into a product manager. He started to buy some books and online courses. Then, in my spare time, I built a small community of interest. When I was doing the function, I also wrote the documents, did the process and prototype, and then wrote the code myself. After several months, I got thousands of users. He felt that he was almost the same, he quit his job, set himself the goal of finding a product job for 2 months, and finally became the only PM of a startup company. Although the salary is only half of the research and development, but less than two years after the successful transformation, it is now the director and carries a product team of 10 people.
What are the reasons for both? The transformation is to block everything. If you suffer from it, the chance will not be great. As for the transfer, there are actually some problems that can be used for self-examination:
1. What is the reason for the transfer: work is not smooth? Just interested? Feeling cool?
2. What efforts have been made? In order to transform what you are doing, what are you going to do?
3. What you can and can’t give up: connections, positions, salary, team, accumulation, etc.
4. Expected results: When did it start and when did it end?
It is said that 80% of people have returned to their seats to work after they have asked themselves the above questions.
5. Resume is like a face, you dare to shame, and deserve to look down on you.
I started with the project in 2007, and I will face a bunch of resumes. More than half of the resumes will be directly put into the trash by me, which is too bad. The resume is really the same as the face, unless you already have a headhunter to help you, do not need to rely on the resume to eat, otherwise you should treat your resume. In fact, the resume, you can be very simple, but you can also be very serious, I summarize some of the content that I think the better resume needs to show:
1. High matching: I recruit users to operate, your resume focuses on the positions and experiences of user operations, and the hit rate is of course higher when HR is screened;
2. Personalization: Prepare a special resume for a company or an industry as much as possible, instead of a source of water for the world, a resume to vote for;
3. Concise: The basic resume does not exceed 2 pages of paper, rather than more, there are supplementary materials to add accessories;
4. Highlights: If you list 20 projects that have been done, it is better to make a project that is most worthy of speaking clear, and the process has results;
5. Viewing convenience: Do not use Word, you can use PDF, do not compress the package;
6. Expressing the clear: In the direct delivery of the mail, the main text is written clearly, don’t just say “this is my resume, please check” and it will be finished.
For resumes, I think that you should first research and re-prepare the needs of the employer, so that your match will be very high. Because of the same position, the requirements of different companies are different. Submitting a resume is also a matter of learning. Adam is aiming at a position in a large company’s back-end product. If it is delivered unsuccessfully, then it will be voted once a day. There is a kind of unsuccessful effort to become a person. In fact, this practice has no meaning at all. Later, I suggested that you prepare your resume, and then divide the target company into three layers of ABC. Each company’s position is also divided into one or two files. When delivering, first cast a file on the C level, practice your hands and see. Deliver the conversion rate of the interview, and feel it. Then go to the third position of the B company or the C position of the A company, as your basic guarantee, you should be able to find a job at the bottom, and then challenge the position of the A company. . In fact, the application of resumes and products is the same, from small-scale testing to high-volume online, layered delivery is the process of testing, iterating and growing.
7. Why do you have to prepare for half a year to find a job?
Adrienne is very attentive. When the Spring Festival is over, he will start looking for a product assistant. When he submits his resume and interview, he will bring a “research report” to prove his understanding of the company. In order to find a job, I will answer questions in a short period of time and send something on the short book. However, at the time of the interview, the evaluation of the employer is “very utilitarian. In order to find a job, I have made a lot of preparations temporarily.” In the end, although there was no success in job-hopping, the habit of writing on facebook and twitter was not discarded. At the end of last year, someone took the initiative to dig her and said that she had been writing something very interesting. She thought that she was still very deep, so I finally got Adrienne. The job change was successful.
The more anxious, the more chaotic, but the long-lasting output, which will yield better returns in the future. Because for the employer, what you want to see is a long-term thinking of one person, not a short-term output. For job hunting, it is critical to operate yourself. From an operational point of view, short-term stimulating users’ retention will not be too good, and long-term tracking will bring loyal fans. Therefore, if you want to find a job, you have to prepare three months to six months in advance. During this period, you want to understand the above questions about goals and interests, and then you can try the following aspects.
Tracking the industry:
1. From industry to product, industry logic and mainstream products;
2. From the product to the details, what is the winning point of the key players;
3. Identify opportunities and have the conditions to verify opportunities.
1. From user to fan, use and express yourself;
2. From the fans to the people, play the product, become a small number of users, become a contributor to the product;
3. From reaching people to employees, joining teams and changing products. Most of the products and operations of the three classes are from the students who are studying in the three classes. The reason is the same. The better the students play, the more opportunities there are.
From the company’s point of view, of course, priority will be given to employees who are familiar with their products, and their sense of belonging is better, and the probability of leaving them will be even greater. In the end, I feel that looking for a job is very cautious. All thinking is just to make myself regret.