Psychologically, the definition of [emotional intelligence] (later the word “emotional intelligence”) is: the ability to accurately perceive, evaluate and express emotions; the ability to use emotions to promote thinking; the ability to understand emotional and emotional knowledge; And the ability to promote emotional and intellectual development.
I mainly want to talk about how to improve emotional intelligence. The main content comes from an article on how to improve emotional intelligence in wikihow. I have read it and I think it is worth sharing with you.
Step 1: Tap your emotions
1. Pay attention to your emotional reactions in your daily life. For example, when you are working, you are suddenly interrupted. What is your mood?
2. Pay attention to your body language. Our limbs and cognition are not separate, but interact with each other. This is called psychological cognition in psychology. You can help you understand your emotions by thinking about your body language, and then you can improve your emotional intelligence.
3. Observe the connection between your emotions and behavior. When you can understand the emotions of others from your own or other people’s behavior, your emotional intelligence will naturally improve.
4. Avoid evaluating your emotions. All emotions you have are valid, including negative emotions. If you evaluate your emotions, you will suppress your overall feelings about your emotions, which will weaken your ability to use emotions to promote thinking.
5. Be mindful of your emotional patterns. When you notice some habitual reactions in your emotions, for example, if you find yourself talking about patriotism, you will suddenly be very excited, which will help you to better control your emotions. Sometimes some bad emotions arise because they are not aware of the emotions in time.
6. Practice to decide how to react. It’s hard to change our emotions because emotions tend to come very quickly, but we can practice changing our reactions to emotions. For example, if you were angry before, you would swear, and then you can slowly transfer your attention when you are angry. Isn’t this an improvement in emotional intelligence?
Step 2: Connect with others
1. Be open and enjoyable. Being narrow-minded often means that your emotional intelligence is low, so how do you think open and enjoyable? Through understanding and reflection. When others don’t respond according to your expectations (this is a common thing in life), don’t rush to get angry, try to understand each other first, and find a suitable reason for ta.
2. Improve empathy. There is more than one concept about the word empathy. Empathy here refers to the ability to recognize other people’s thoughts and share emotions with others. The key to improving empathy is to actively listen and seriously think about each other’s thoughts.
3. Observe the body language of others. Not only pay attention to your own body language, but also pay attention to the body language of others.
4. Observe your influence on the emotions of others. In the process of communicating with people, pay attention to observe the reaction of the other party. Does he feel nervous or uncomfortable? Does she enjoy talking with you? and many more.
5. Be honest in your emotions. Honestly expressing your emotions (especially some negative emotions) can make others know more about you and thus trust you. Don’t think that negative emotions should be in your heart. Expressing your negative emotions in a timely manner is not only good for your body, but also makes others feel that you are sincere. Of course, this must have a bottom line, which depends on itself to continually explore.